If you suffer from shoulder pain, you're not alone. In fact, according to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, shoulder pain is one of the most common reasons people seek out chiropractic care. But what exactly can a chiropractor do to help relieve shoulder pain? Here are five ways chiropractic care can help.
1. Improve range of motion. When you have shoulder pain, even simple tasks like reaching for a glass of water can be difficult and painful. Chiropractic care can help improve your range of motion by gently stretching and aligning your muscles and joints.
2. Reduce inflammation. Inflammation is often the root cause of shoulder pain. Chiropractic care can help reduce inflammation by stimulating the release of anti-inflammatory hormones in your body.
3. Release trigger points. Trigger points are knots that form in your muscles when they become overloaded or tight. These knots can cause pain and tenderness in the surrounding area. Chiropractic care can help release trigger points by applying pressure to the knots and relaxing the muscles.
4. Strengthen weak muscles. Weak muscles around the shoulder joint can contribute to shoulder pain. Chiropractic care can help strengthen these muscles by providing gentle exercises that target the specific muscle groups.
5. Improve posture. Poor posture puts unnecessary strain on your shoulders and can lead to pain over time. Chiropractic care can help improve your posture by aligning your spine and correcting any imbalances in your musculoskeletal system.
If you're suffering from shoulder pain, don't wait any longer to seek out chiropractic care. A chiropractor can provide relief in a number of ways, from improving range of motion to strengthening weak muscles and/or helping your correct postural imbalances. Chiropractic care is a non-invasive and effective treatment option for people of all ages. So if you're ready to get rid of your shoulder pain once and for all, make an appointment At Nostos today!